Product Review :: Bobbi Brown Gel Liner

Hello my lovelies, 

Gel eyeliners are my all-time favorite type of eyeliner to use. It is a bit of extra work because you have to use a brush and you need to clean your brush after ever use, but I think it's worth the extra time and effort for that perfect winged eyeliner.


This week's product review is going to be on the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black. In the past, I have tried three other types of gel eyeliners:
1.  MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack

So comparing between low and high-end products, I think MAC and Wet N' Wild is similar because they have a more dry formula. On the other hand, both the Bobbi Brown and Maybelline eyeliners have a more wet, smoother formula. Something that I noticed about the Wet N' Wild and Bobbi Brown eyeliner is that at the end of the day, I see flakes of eyeliner all over my face. It's definitely not the most attractive thing to see.


Here is a swatch of the gel liner. Some people say that Bobbi Brown is the blackest gel liner that they've tried, but I can't really tell the difference. When I apply this product, it's very creamy and glides on, but as soon as I go over that same line again, I notice the product comes off. It's very strange. I always have to set my eyeliner with black eye shadow so my skin color doesn't peep through. Lastly, when I wear my false eyelashes, I noticed that the eyeliner on my inner corners magically come off.  

I really wanted to love this product and call it my holy-grail, but I just don't love it. Maybe it's because I need to resort to a more dry product? I really don't know. I probably will not repurchase this item. I'm sorry Bobbi Brown.

Rating: 7/10- I gave it a 7 because I love the glass packaging, and consistency of the product. The only thing was that it didn't last as long as I wanted to. 

No comments