Puppy101 :: Candy

As you all know I have a little Chorkie (Chihuahua and Yorkie mix) puppy. She is 2 years old, and is turning 3 in November. No matter how old she gets, she is always going to be my little puppy.

Ever since I was younger, I remember asking my parents to let us raise a puppy, but the answer was always a flat "no." But after getting Candy, I understood why they always said no. Puppies are such a handful and take a big part of your days. However, I cannot get enough of her! :) 

It took my family a couple of months to potty train her and to get her use to the surroundings for her new home. We took her to a couple different vets because we didn't like the customer service that most were giving us. Candy went through a lot with our family in the 2 years that she lived with us. She had bilateral ear infections when she was about 1 year old, which required anaesthesia and ear flushing. At that time, she was diagnosed with bilateral patellar subluxation. This means that the hid-knee joint pops in and out of the socket and does not fit properly. Eventually, she is going to need to surgery and I'm not fully ready for that day to come. If any of you had a puppy with this problem, please feel free to leave a comment below. And lastly, a couple of weeks ago, she had a bad vomiting and diarrhea episode. Of course there are other episodes, but thankful those did not cause any problems. 

I have such a long way to go with puppy care, but I love Candy with all of my heart. I always say that if I don't get married, I'm just going to be the old dog lady. I am going to start another section of my blog for Puppy101 where I will post new things I learn about dogs and upload pictures of Candy.