Puppy 101 :: BarkBox Subscription (March 2015, April 2015)



As I was getting ready to write this post, I realized that I totally forgot to post last month's BarkBox! I don't even know what happened. If you're curious to see what was in last month's box, please scroll to the bottom of this post to check out the items. I'll write a short review of that box at the end. 

Anyways, this month's BarkBox came in yesterday, which was a little later than I expected. Other months it usually comes in a day or two after the 15th, so I don't know what happened there. I'm just glad that Candy has her box for this month.  



As you can see from the picture above, this month's team is "Fitness." It came with two toys and three snacks. The more boxes I get, I more I realize that the toys don't really work out for Candy. Even though I ordered a package for smaller dogs, the toys always seem to be just as big as her! It's hard for her to play with them. I tried to play fetch with her and threw the boxing gloves, and well, that didn't go as planned. She picked up one glove with her mouth and managed to take a few steps before tumbling over the one that was dragging underneath her. Poor thing. As for the rubber squeak toy, not a fan of that as well. 


As you can see, the boxing gloves were $14, pretty expensive for a dog toy, no? I definitely would have rather had another bag of snacks. Maybe I need to change the size of the box to an even small size? Not sure. If any of you are trying to start up this subscription, I would suggest you keep in mind the size of the toys. Candy is a 12-15 pound Chorkie, and the box is starting carry bigger sized toys. However, the treats are a pretty good size, and Candy enjoyed all the treats in this box. 


This was March's BarkBox. Just like this month, the toy was too big to play with for Candy. I've always wanted to try out the Dog Mop towel for dogs, so I was super excited when I saw it. It's a little uncomfortable to use, but I think it gets the job done (better than a beach towel). As for the coconut treats, Candy would just spit it out in the beginning, now she is a fan! :) And lastly, for the Golden Nuggets. It's the weirdest snack I have ever seen. You need to microwave it for one minute and it expands double its normal size. It's hard as a rock though, I had to cut it up in pieces and feed it to Candy. Apparently, it's made from yak and cow milk. I was never tempted to try it myself.

Please don't tell me I'm the only dog owner that wants to try dog food occasionally to see what it tastes like. I hope I'm not the only one :P 


No comments