Product Review :: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

Hiii everyone!

This is such a long overdue makeup review on the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.




First of all, looking at the Sephora website, this is what this primer claims to do:


"What it is:
An iconic primer that preps skin to create a perfect canvas for flawless foundation application. 

What it is formulated to do:

The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smooths and perfects skin, while the unique formula supports natural collagen and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.

What else you need to know:

Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture."

So the main things I look for in a primer is: covers pores, keeps skin from becoming oily, doesn't make my foundation cake at the end of the day, and doesn't feel like a thick layer when applied. I bought this small travel size from Sephora in November 2013 because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. 
If I remember correctly, I believe I paid around $10 for this tube, and after months of using it, the tube still looks as full when I first bought it. Unfortunately, I'm still not 100% sure if I like it or not, and here's why.

I mainly apply this primer on my T-zone because that's where I tend to get the most oily and I can say that this primer truly works with the "oil control." I have worked 12 hours shifts and barely saw a shine at the end of work, so that's a definite plus! (Side note: I am really really bad about touching up my makeup too). 


However, there are a couple things that I'm not a big fan of. When you apply this primer, it had this silicon feeling and it doesn't do a really good job covering pores. I know a lot of people use the Benefit Porefessional and I feel like it has the same type of texture. I've also noticed that my foundation cakes as the day goes on. 


So my final thoughts, I would give it a 3.5/5 because although it protects my skins from becoming oily, I think it should do a better job covering your pores. Would I repurchase it again? Maybe, but I'm more on the probably not side. I am definitely on a hunt for looking for new primers that have the qualities I look for in a primer, so any suggestions are welcome.


xoxo, 





No comments